Doing What I Love for Whom I Love
Hi folks, Roni Bhullar here. I have been serving, along with my wife, as a foster parent in the Hope house for the past 2.5 years. The Hope house is home to us and seven beautiful children who are receiving foster care at COTP. On February 17th, 2018 l will be running 26.2 miles in northern Haiti. That’s 26.2 miles without a cheering crowd, no water stations and none of the typical support found in an organized race. Why would I do such a thing? A guaranteed first place finish and for seven little reasons well worth the effort.
- Our wagon wheels are falling off (not a metaphor for life).
- Washing machines are not immortal.
- Cornflakes are not sufficient for EVERY meal.
- Our foster children are actually aspiring artists. Their canvas is the wall.
- Adoption appointments require us to go to Port Au Prince like 10 minutes ago.
- A happy nanny is a paid nanny and bananas are not an accepted form of currency.
- Six hours of self care! No really, I enjoy this! It’s going to be so much fun!
Thanks in advance for your support! Be sure to follow the Children of the Promise Facebook page on Feb 17th for LIVE updates as I run the race.