- Flora was readmitted to COTP on Thursday. At two and a half years old, Flora weighs about 10 lb.
- Lusenie went home with her mom this week. The family is still working on a better housing situation that will allow them to all live together, but mom was willing to take Lusenie home in the mean time. Mom’s health is much better and she seemed happy to have Lusenie back. We will continue caring for the twins for a couple of weeks while we work with the family to try and come up with the best plan for a successful transition.
- It’s (finally) potty training time in the Life House. We currently only have 2 kids in the Life house who are potty trained. We are hoping others will be able to join them soon after what we’re sure will be a long process!
- We had afternoon preschool inside the Promise House once this week because it looked like rain was coming so all the kids got to join in on the fun. One day this week we had a dance party. It started with the nannies getting just one kid to dance, then more and more of the nannies grabbed a child to dance with. Before long, everyone was enjoying it, whether from in their chair with help moving their arms or with them being in someone’s arms.
- We did some fun activities like doing a big floor puzzle, and drawing on a big piece of paper on the floor. We also received a new to us toy kitchen from the container. The kids are loving it and making all sorts of food.
- It has been a busy week at the Grace House. We have enjoyed walks to see the chickens, going to the play ground, swings, and jumping on the tramp. Also, movies are a huge hit. Frozen and Doc Mcstuffins are some of the favorites. We are practicing with the kids how to care for toys and books. It has been a challenge but I think we are making progress. Coloring has been fun too!
- Several formula program kids did not come out this week, so we have been following up with them.
“P” was admitted to mamba djanm this week. He was a prenatal program baby and is now being cared for by an aunt
Two moms were added to the Wednesday group this week.
One mother was visited this week. She gave birth to a baby girl on July 9th at home by a midwife! They are both doing well at home.
- No update this week.
- The container arrived this week! It’s always an exciting day when a container arrives and the materials get unloaded!